Sunday, February 22, 2009

Having Kicked Fire

Last Friday was a great time.  The Boomerangs opened up with a first-rate acoustic folk set.  The did their own rendition of Blink 182's Adam's Song, which as ephemeral as it was, brought everyone in the audience back to middle school.  When they closed with Wagon Wheel, which is becoming somewhat of a Boomerang standard around campus, the whole Coop was singing along.  

After they finished up, I played a few songs from the new album.  


I was happy to hear my friends singing along to the songs they knew, but I was especially feeling it when everybody was singing the songs that they hadn't heart until that night.  The power of chorus is a force to be reckoned with.  When we got to the bridge of Wishful Thinking On Seagrass Shoal, I was completely taken aback by how melodious all your voices sounded.  I feel like we truly made the space vibrate.

Lehrman takes fantastic photos, doesn't she?

1 comment:

  1. damn, i wish i hadn't missed this...
    glad to hear it went well though!

    ReplyDelete